Milrose recently expanded its portfolio of fire code services through the acquisition of Integrated Group, a leading third-party construction
Based on decades of experience and extensive knowledge in the interpretation of applicable fire protection codes, Milrose provides clients with effective solutions to meet fire code compliance. The acquisition of Integrated Group has enabled us to provide several valuable add-ons to our existing fire code services, including:
- Fire alarm and "ARCS" design, consulting, and permitting – Field Survey and design of modified or new Fire Alarm Systems as well as permitting for fire alarm applications.
- Inspection, commissioning, and certification services for fire alarm projects – independent review of fire alarm system functionality to verify operation. This may occur during pre-test prior to FDNY test or performed to prepare Affidavit for Occupancy to resolve DOB requirements.
- Fire department compliance services (fire safety and emergency action plan development and periodic update services) – these plans are required for high-rise residential and office buildings to show FDNY the layout of all building services, egress routes, and fire alarm system components.
- Fire protection plan preparation and filing (joint agency: FDNY and DOB) – required for all new buildings and many Alt 1 Certificate of Occupancy changes.
- FDNY variances from Technology Management and Construction Demolition and Abatement Unit (CDA) – encompasses hoist waivers, sprinkler/standpipe waivers, and fire alarm phasing variances.
- Violation removal – working with the building owner to resolve violations (commonly violations for failure to provide Certificate of Compliance for HVAC units.)